Saturday, March 19, 2011

Olympus Mju II (Stylus Epic)

Olympus Mju II is a weatherproof auto focus point and shoot camera with fixed 35mm f2.8 lens. What makes Mju II unique is it has spot meter functionality hidden in it, which honestly I had never used it until I sold it. Mju II also produces sharp image, some people even said it's comparably as sharp as Leica lens when you use it together with ASA400 film (to enable the lens to stop down to smaller aperture). It reads the film speed and number of frame from DX code, and has no manual setting to tell the camera what film speed you want to use. The not-so-good thing about mju II is there's a shutter lag from the moment you press the shutter, camera locks focus, until it captures the image. In my humble opinion, this camera's not really useful for candid street shooting, since I need to wait 1-2s before the camera takes picture, not to mention 35mm lens which means I need to stand very close with the subject I want to shoot.

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_mju_II

Some image taken with this camera :




No comments:

Post a Comment