Saturday, June 12, 2010

Model shoot

Had my first outdoor model shoot with kaskusers in Singapore, there were 6-8 photographers as I remember. The location was Clarke Quay. I brought my 18-55mm kit lens and SMC M 50mm f1.7. At first I used my kit lens, but after taking a few shots with the kit lens and few shots with the prime lens, I decided to shoot using the prime lens only. I was amazed that the IQ from 25 years old lens was much better than the recently produced kit lens. It was also my first time to use a manual focus lens, so at first I had some difficulty to find the focus, the model had to smile and look at the camera for a few seconds longer. In order to use a manual lens, I need to go the the menu and set the camera to permit using a lens with aperture ring, then I need to manually input the focal length of the lens, which I inputted wrongly at that time. It was supposed to be 50mm, but I inputted 28mm instead.

Here are the ones taken using the kit lens



With SMC M 50mm f1.7 

  

and the bokeh



The model was very cheerful and friendly. It was nice to work with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment